Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Good Bit of Progress

Over the last couple of weeks my golf has come on a lot.
While I was on a weeks holidays I managed to get out a good bit and it really paid off.

Last Sunday, in very bad weather, I had 39 points. While I was a little disappointed after the round mainly because of a blow out and three doubles in the last 7 holes, I was happy with the 39. It was good enough to get me second place - the winner also had 39 points but he had a better back 9.

Out I went again on Monday only to shoot my best round ever - a 78, playing off 16. ( I got cut down from 16.5 to 15.7 for my second place ).

Due to my unbeaten record for the club I was asked to play for the Connaught Shield team. We were playing Beana on Tuesday evening. Once again I kept up my unbeaten record winning on the 15th but unfortunately we were bet overall, 4 - 1. Disappointing but what can you do.

So I'm really looking forward to the next couple of competitions - The Christy Kelly Memorial tomorrow and the Presidents Prize in a couple of weeks. Hopefully my form will continue.

No comments: