Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Captain's Prize. Day 2

Well I'm not going to go into as much detail as I did for last week's round as I don't have the time to write that much and it wasn't as good a score as last week's either. At saying that though, it wasn't that bad. I was out at 9.30 on Sunday morning. Weather was good and the course was again looking great. I started by drilling my drive right down the middle of the 1st fairway. I went on to par the 1st and the 2nd.

A pulled shot on the 3rd put me in the trees. And although I found the edge of the green with my second shot I ended up 3 putting for a double. It was the first of three par-3s that I would double bogie. Although I had alot of bogies and some pars I finished up shooting a net 73. That included a quadruple bogie on the par 4 11th. I wouldn't mind but I hit a good drive and came up just short of the green with my second shot. Ball ended up in a bunker, which took 2 to get out of. Ball ran off the back of the green. I then chipped about 14ft passed the hole and then proceeded to 3 putt. Not my finest moment.

The 73 combined with the first round score of 66, giving me a combined 139 was well good enough to get me in to the last 9-hole playoff. I was 4 shots back at the start of the 9 holes. I shot a net 1 over for the nine holes which meant I finished with a level par 175.

An that score was good enough for 4th place. Not to bad if I say so myself. Well happy with that. If I don't sound that excited about it, it's probably because I should have come 2nd. But that's another story........

Presidents coming up in a few weeks so looking forward to that one. Until then though I'm going to revel in my glory...........

No comments: