Thursday, June 07, 2007

Up and Down

Hey all!!

I know I said I'd put up a post about my round which got me cut to 18 but I think I've left it too long as I don't remember much.
It was a very windy day, it didn't look like a score much less than par would win. I was happy with my score and happy to get cut.

Alot of my recent good form is down to me giving myself a second shot. I bought the new Callaway FT-i driver, the square one, (I'll stick up a pic or two later) and my driving accuracy has really improved. I'm now hitting fairways, well most of the time anyway. Having a 2nd shot is half the battle. It's not good if you have to knock the ball out sideways 5 or 6 times a round.

I got out for another comp last weekend but I wish I didn't bother. Started off pretty decent. I was 5 over after 8 but it had started raining by about the time we got to the 3rd hole. When we reached the 9th tee box we were well wet. Rain gear is great but when your glove and grips are wet and you're umbrella is going up and down like it's going out of fashion it's not easy to keep a round going, especially when you've only managed to get out 2 times in 6 weeks - I should say that the reason I wasn't out playing for so long is that my wife was pregnant. Our son was born on the 14th May. A future major winner?!!
So from the 9th on things were ranging from decent to absolute rubbish to good. I finished with a score of 29 points. no where near good enough to be even near featuring.

Hoping to get out this weekend. We'll have to see how the new boss is.

No comments: