Friday, June 16, 2006

Captain's Prize

Well, in terms of my golfing life, it's been a great week. Winning my match last Sunday evening was followed by my best ever half round score. I got out for 9 holes on Tuesday evening. I played the 9 holes in 5 over, parring 5 of the 9 holes. I followed this with 6 holes on Wednesday evening - only got 6 played because the play was so slow out there. Played them 6 holes in 4 over.

Which is all boding well for this weekend's competition - The Captain's Prize. I'm playing on Sunday afternoon with 2 of my mates. The three of us were drawn to play together which is great. Teeing off at 2.10. I'm going to try and get a couple of hourse practice tomorrow afternoon. A bit of chipping and putting I think wouldn't do any harm.

Format for this year's comp is 18 holes with the top 64 to qualify for another 18 holes next week. The top 27 of the second round qualifies for the final round.

If I make it to the second week I'll be delighted. I'll let ye know.......

No comments: