Monday, May 08, 2006

Yesterday's Competition

I played in yesterday's competition with a couple of the lads. Having thought I'd sorted out my driving over the last couple of weeks I was greatly dissappointed with how I started out. One drive would be awful, one would be not so bad. Nothing really good.

By the time I got to the 13th tee I was fed up with the driving. My iron play was pretty solid, bubut I was putting myself in some awkward positions. So on the 13th tee I put the ball forward in my stance, took a slow and steady back swing and let rip. To my delight I hit it about 275 yards. And it continued for the remainder.

Before I was taking a cautious approach with my driving. I was keeping the ball in the middle of my stance and kept the full swing slow and steady. But I'm now going to keep trying to hit it as far as I can. If it means I slice the odd one and knock into the next fairway so be it.

I finished the round strong and ended up with 25 points, with 18 points coming in the last 6 holes. I'm looking forward to heading out to the driving range and really working on my driving. So here's hoping next Sunday will be better......

No comments: