Sunday, April 09, 2006

Ain't It Always The Way

My wife decided to go to Dublin shopping yesterday so I said I'd head out to the golf course and hit the driving range for a bit of practice ahead of today's competition.
My brother rang me before I left to see if I wanted to play a round.

We booked a tee time for 12.10. After a round which included 5 pars, 7 bogies, 3 doubles, 2 triples and an 8 on a par-4 I had accumulated 35 points.

I left the course yesterday fairly confident for todays round. I think I used up too many of my good shots yesterday. I had 27 points which over all wasn't too bad. But I only had two pars all day, coming on the par-3 17th and the par-4 18th. I left at least 4 pars out there, easy pars at that I might add. I also had one reasonable birdie chance.

My two best drives were followed by two dreadful shots, but for the most part I was hitting my new irons well. If I can get a bit of consistancy off the tee I wouldn't be long knocking a couple of shots off my handicapp.

Still, I really enjoyed the round today and am looking forward to the finish of the masters tonight.

Slan, for now.

No comments: