Saturday, April 15, 2006

Esker Hills, Tullamore.

I headed off for Tullamore on Good Friday with three of the lads for a fourball. We were playing Esker Hills (http://www.eskerhillsgolf.com). Fabulous course at a great price. We got the round and buggy hire for €45 per man.

It was me and Ronan against Phily and Johnny C. We were out for revenge. we had played Westport earlier in the year and lost it by a couple of holes.

After a steady opening 3 or 4 holes I started to have a bit of a nightmare making very basic mistakes. I hit my tee shot in the water and it sort of went downhill after that. I hit 3 shots out of bounds so all the pressure was on Ronan to keep us in the match. He was hitting the ball well as was Johnny C. Phily, while not quite as bad as me, was not having the best of days. After going 3 down on the 14th all was looking lost. We tied the 15th with a pair of bogies. Then we started playing. Ronan won the 16th for us with a solid par and he'd a par on the 17th while I had a net par. After playing 17 holes I had only counted in 2 holes and both were to tie the hole. Was I delighted when my bogie on the 18th was enough to win the hole and earn us a draw. It wasn't exactly the revenge we were looking for but...........

Playing tomorrow in the Sunday competition in my local club so hopefully I left my bad shots behind me in Tullamore. Managed be get a bit of chipping practice in today as well so I'll find out soon enough if it did any good.

No comments: