Sunday, April 02, 2006

Saturday Round



I got a full round in yesterday at my local golf club (See pic of layout). Didn't do too bad. Got around in 95, which is 3 over my handicap. The ball was plugging a bit and with no relief in the rough there was no option but to play it where it lay. So that cost me at least 5 shots and I knockd it out of bounds and had a lost ball.

So as it's only the beginning of April and I'm just starting to get playing again this year I'm happy enough how I'm playing. Highlight of yesterday's round came at the 342 metre par-4 14th. After a resonable drive I was left with about 155m. Wind was blowing accross us left to right. Played a 5-iron to the left of the flag. Ball finished about 4 metres left of the hole. Hit a solid put but it rolled just passed on the right. Tap in par. Take them any day of the week.

Course is looking good too. Alot of pruning done in the last couple of weeks. The new greens at 2, 7 & 11 are coming on well. Another 4-6 weeks and the course will be top notch.

With the time going forward last weekend the long evenings are coming in so I'll be able to get out a couple of times a week for 9 or so holes. The more I play the more consistant my golf will be.

Looking forward to it.

No comments: